Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks ;)

{{A response to Hannah's post.}}

  Okay, I started writing this yesterday, so . . . yeah. XD  I didn't have a chance to finish because of having relatives over, I was planning to write more.  I apologize. :P

  I woke up this morning to light streaming in from my translucent curtains and smells of turkey, vegetable, and ham wafting through the air.  I quickly reminded myself that it was Thanksgiving.  My relatives were probably on their way to be here right now.  A smile spread across my face.  I gazed at the clock tiredly, seeing 8:50.  I was tired, so I closed my eyes for ten minutes, got out of bed, and began walking towards the kitchen.

  "Good morning!" my mom and dad chorused.

  I smiled.  "Good morning," I repeated groggily.

  "Happy Thanksgiving!" my dad told me.

  "Yes, happy Thanksgiving!" said my mom, capturing me in a hug.

  "Happy Thanksgiving!" I repeated again.

  I then made my descent down the stairs to get ready to type up this very post, the post where I post {man, lots of posts!} things that I am thankful for.  So, here I go!

  1. My family: I don't know where I'd be and what I'd do without them.  I love them SO much and am so grateful to have such a wonderful family. ♥
  2. My friends: The family I get to choose.  ;)  I absolutely love these people.
  3. My house: Not everyone has a nice house, a nice bedroom, nice cars, and nice things overall {such as couches, chairs, desks, computers, etc.}.  I am really blessed.
  4. Food: I am very lucky to be served food whenever I need it or be able to go out and get food to eat.
  5. Dance: I am EXTREMELY blessed that my parents allow me to dance and they pay for it.  I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't dance!  I am also extremely blessed that I get payed for working at dance.
  6. Education: I am very lucky that my parents send me to school and I can get an education and eventually go to a good college.
  7. The internet: It's kind of stupid, but I really LOVE the internet.  I love how I can write, read, draw, and interact with people from all around the world that I can call FRIENDS.
  8. This blog: Gosh, you don't know how much this means to me.  After my blogs were deleted, I didn't know if I would ever earn back my followers or my views, but I'm getting there.  I know I have the same amount {if not more} of followers that I had around this time of year last year.  :)
  9. American Girl: American Girl is so amazing.  It's a creative outlet and a great way to meet new friends, through the internet AND in real life!  I am so grateful to have my four gorgeous dollies.  ;)
  10. The American Girl Fan Message Board: Through this amazing, wonderful, spectacular, message board, I have met amazing girls, learned to love my dolls EVEN more, fall more in love with dance than already, and even get closer to God.  The American Girl community is so warm and welcoming, I am very happy to be a part of it!
  11. NaNoWriMo: Man, NaNoWriMo is SERIOUSLY one of the best things I have ever done.  I wrote like a maniac, and accomplished my goal of 9,000 words, then went on to do over 2,000 more words!  :D  Through the forums I have met lovely people that I really have enjoyed getting to know.
  12. Music: The world would be rather dismal and depressing without music.  I listen to music when I write, when I do homework, when I'm bored, when I dance, and even more!  It's a way to bond with family in the car, those hours of driving to and from dance with my mom, singing together.
  13. Instruments: I'm very lucky my parents let me play the French horn and piano.  They are a large part of my life and I enjoy them both immensely.  :)
  14. Books: Man, what would I do without books?  I love to read them, AND write them!
  15. Pointe shoes: Go ahead and call me crazy, but I absolutely ADORE pointe shoes.  There's just something about them that makes you feel beautiful and elegant.
  16. Ghillies: My Irish dance shoes are too special not to include on here!
  17. Tap shoes: Loud, clear, sounds coming out of these normal-looking shoes . . . so beautiful.  :)
  18. My classes: The dance classes I teach . . . oh, I love these little girls!
  19. My room: I love my room.  It's bursting with inspiration and color.
  20. My desk: I just rearranged it yesterday and cleaned it and such, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!
  21. Snow globes: If you didn't already know, I collect snow globes.  :)
  22. Clothes: I love the clothes I have, and feel really lucky to have them.  Not everyone is so lucky.
  23. My teachers: My teachers this year are pretty great.  I really enjoy them and my classes!
  24. Hot chocolate: This time of year, I love to sit around and sip hot cocoa.
  25. Cameras: Whenever I see a DSLR, I clutch my mom's arm and say, "LOOK AT THAT PRETTY CAMERA!"  Hehe, hint hint.  ;)
  26. Holidays: Holidays are so much fun, being with family, huge meals, and giving thanks.
  What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It means a lot! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...