Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On Drama

  We're girls, and being girls, drama is kicked up at almost every chance for it to be made.  I-for one-hate drama with all my heart, but two years ago, my whole year was one hundred percent filled with drama.

  So, let me fill you in.  These girls that are my friends {much better now} decided to bring up something with me.  I understood, although I was a little hurt, and I thought that would be the end of it.  But oh no, they brought it up again.

  They told all of their friends, my friends, and stuff like so.  It was becoming a huge deal out of nothing.  It lasted so long, I was wondering why they couldn't just give it up.

  That's the thing.  They couldn't.  They felt really strongly about whatever was going on {and most of it I don't even remember}, and they wanted to get a reaction out of me.  They wanted to see me let in to what they were doing, let me feel bad.

  Why does this happen?  Insecurities.

  When girls aren't happy with something about themselves, or are just feeling a little angry, even, they have an insecurity.  They want to see someone else feel the way they do, and that's the way it is.  It's not fair, it's not right, but that's how girls work, I guess.

  Everything has been better as we all get older, but there's still drama going on all the time.  And know what I have to say about that?

 
  This quote couldn't be more true.  Drama's going to happen.  Girls are going to be mean.  Life's not always a Disney movie, but you have to shake off the drama and prove to them that you're better than they think.  <3

~Carolyn

6 comments:

  1. love.this.post. And that quote? SO TRUE!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! My life is very dramatic too, but not like that. Just fun drama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so agree. :) In like 6th grade, EVERYONE was all about wanting to see if I wore a bra... well, If you knew my body type, any idiot could figure out I didn't need to wear a bra in sixth grade. Why that was so important to all the girls in my class, I honestly have no idea. Even my friends became my enemies in 6th grade. We're all good now, but man, that year was the very worst year of my life. Hang in there, and don't let it get you down - trust me - things get so much better. :)
    XOXO I Love ya,
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing about girl drama is how pointeless it really is. And I am sure things will get much, much, better. This year has been great, though, and that's nice. :]

      Love,
      Carolyn

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It means a lot! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...