Sunday, June 30, 2013

2012-2013 School Year

{{Not sure if this post is really a great example of blogging like I talk, but the words really just flowed out, so I guess it is?  Anyways, this is a more personal post, but something that was-and is-really important to me. :)}}

Random picture, but I needed something haha.  :)

  June 6th, 2013 was my last day of the 2012-2013 school year.  Of course, I was ready for summer {I mean, who wasn't?!}, but I was also definitely feeling sad.  And why was that?  The 2012-2013 school year was probably the best of my entire life.

  To say that is definitely saying a lot.  I've always been the type of person who enjoys school, has a pretty good group of friends that I look forward to seeing on a daily basis, I haven't ever had a particularly bad teacher, and my grades have always been pretty steady.  This year held true to all of those standards, but it also went above and beyond.

  This year, I made some really amazing friends.  Like I've said, I've always had people I've enjoyed spending time with, but as we all grow and change, friend groups change, too.  I had no idea, going into this school year, that I'd become close friends with people that I was friends with when I was really young, close friends with people I'd barely talked to before, and strengthened some of the friendships I'd already had.  Of course some friendships didn't remain as close as they were last year or the year before, but I can still consider those people friends.

  These "new" friends of mine are so different than me, but at the same time so similar.  They're the girl athletes of the grade, the girls whose lives revolve around basketball, volleyball, softball, and track {or any mixture of them, therefore}.  You look at them and automatically know that they're the athletes.

  Now, if you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that the school sports I'm involved in are cross country and track, but dance is my thing.  Who would've thought that I could be close to people so different?

  I don't know exactly how it works, but it definitely does.  There are so many people that I consider friends, both in this group of athletes and out, and I really appreciate that.  I definitely think that this year was a very good year for our entire grade, that we all kind of learned to respect each other, even if we don't agree with every person in the grade.  That was very important for all of us.

  This year wasn't drama-filled at all, and for that I am SO grateful!  I've had years that I look back to and think, "Drama, drama, drama."  I'm glad that this year wasn't one of those.  Of course there were little things that came up, but not enough to become anything serious.  I did have some doubts of where I fit in at times, but by the end of the year, I think I found my niche. :)

  Besides this school year being a good year for finding my friends, it was good in so many other ways.  All of my teachers were seriously amazing.  Every single one of them was so awesome, funny, and I could really talk to most of them about anything.

  My amazing math teacher knew just about everything about everyone's social lives, relationships, and everything in between, but it wasn't in a weird way.  She loved to hear about what we did over the weekend every Monday, and we all were excited to tell her.  My math class overall was actually extremely amazing.  We've all been together since around third grade {with the exception of a couple of people that have joined the class in the last few years}.  We're a family, and next year, some of us won't be together.  Obviously, I'm kind of {extremely} upset about that, because it won't be the same without them.  But the memories our math class made are memories I'll remember for a long, long, time.  :)

  Also, my homework/grades were both really great!  I actually maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout the entire year, and I'm hoping to keep that up for the years to come!  And actually, I didn't have an excessive amount of homework that I had to bring home on a daily basis, so that was really great, of course!

  I know this post was extremely long, but I definitely wanted to talk about my school year.  I've had an amazing summer so far, and it'll only get better from here, but that's a whole different post!  So, how was everyone's school year?  I'd love to know. :)

xoxo,
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great year! Unfortunately that really wasn't the case for me but I guess it's kind of expected because second year here (I believe the equivalent is ninth grade?) is meant to be tough, academically and peopley. Although next year I have tons of state exams I plan to make the most of it and try and make new friends and discover who I really am! My sixth class (seventh grade) was probably the best year of my life in terms of school because everyone was so close and it was really relaxed and my grades were really good. That was our last year before we moved to secondary school. Whoa, long reply!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard years are tough, but I'm sure next year will be better. I hope you have a great year! And Anna, we need to talk soon. I miss you!

      xoxo,
      Carolyn

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It means a lot! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...