Saturday, February 18, 2012

d a n c e


  Ever since I was young, I've adored dance.  I knew dance was my passion, dance was my life.  I tried different things- t-ball, basketball- and found myself dancing in the outfield, running like only a  dancer would.


  My cousin was a dancer, she was so elegant and beautiful.  When I saw her dance in the Nutcracker, saw her be in all those beautiful dances in the recital, I knew I wanted to be like her, I wanted to dance in the Nutcracker and try all kinds of dances.


  And so I decided against basketball and any other sport that I thought maybe, just maybe, could be mine.  I knew dance is what I would live and breathe, and so I did.  Ever since I have started dance, I have been in not only the simple ballet, tap, jazz classes.  I have tried all of those, plus tumbling, Irish, lyrical, and then . . .


  Only a bit over a year a go, I began my pointe-prep.  I got those lovely shoes and squealed as I went up on my box.  They were mine and they were beautiful.



  I, not too long ago, knew that God was calling me to be a dancer, not only now, but for my occupation some day.  When I went to registration for this dance season,  I was pleasantly surprised to be offered to assistant-teach some young dancers' classes.  I was overjoyed!


    Here I am today, still living and breathing dance.  I don't know where I'd be without it.  <3

~Carolyn

{{All pictures via Pinterest!}}

6 comments:

  1. I <3 this post Carolyn! I have taken dance before!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! It's nice that you've found something you're so passionate about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you've found God's calling in your life, Caro!

    My friend Heather actually has an older sister who professionally dances. She looks really graceful onstage. One day, I'm sure you'll be doing the same! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D

      That is SO cool! :O Aww, that means A LOT to me, Arianna. <3

      ~Carolyn

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It means a lot! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...